The health and safety of people and animals, as well as our community and the environment is endangered when household products containing harmful chemicals are discarded in household garbage, sinks, or storm drains. Monterey Park residents are encouraged to follow proper steps to dispose of household hazardous waste by dropping it off at a free local Household Hazardous Waste Collection event. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Works sponsors Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events on a regular basis at locations throughout the County.
General items that can be disposed of at the event include:
- Household cleaners, such as furniture cleaners, upholstery cleaners, etc.
- Pool chemicals
- Automotive products, such as motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid, car batteries, antifreeze, etc.
- Paint products, such as paint, paint stripper, turpentine, etc.
- Pesticides / herbicides
- Outdated medicines
Items Not Accepted
Items that may not be brought to the event include
- Radioactive materials
- Business / commercial waste
- Medical / biological waste
For a complete listing of what you can and cannot bring, or information on events, contact CLEAN-LA at 888-CLEAN-LA or Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts at 800-238-0172,