Where do I get the required forms to start a campaign committee? What forms do I need?

You may obtain the required forms in the City Clerk's office, located at 320 West Newmark Avenue, or you may download the forms available through the Secretary of State website.

The forms required include:

  • Form 501: Candidate Intention Form - To start the candidate process.
    When to file: File before you solicit or receive any contributions or before you make expenditures from personal funds on behalf of your candidacy.
    Where to file: Original filed with the City Clerk's office.
  • Form 410: Campaign Committee Form - If raising or spending $2,000* or more.
    When to file: File within 10 days of receiving $1,000 in contributions. The date this form is postmarked is the date it is considered filed.
    Where to file: Original filed with Secretary of State. Copy given to City Clerk's Office.

*The personal funds of a candidate or officeholder used in connection with seeking or holding elective office are contributions and are counted toward qualifying as a recipient committee. However, personal funds used to pay a candidate filing fee or a fee for the statement of qualifications to appear in the ballot pamphlet are not counted toward the $2,000 threshold.

Show All Answers

1. When are elections held in the City of Monterey Park?
2. What do I need to do to become a candidate for the next city election? When can I obtain the required forms?
3. Where do I get the required forms to start a campaign committee? What forms do I need?
4. Does the City of Monterey Park have campaign contribution limits?
5. Where do I get election results? How long does it take to count the ballots?
6. How do I become a registered voter in Monterey Park?
7. On Election Day, how and where do I vote?