- City Clerk's Office
- 2022 Election Information
2022 Election Information
November 8, 2022 Regular and Special Municipal Elections
Resultados de la elección
Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder Election Night Live Results
Resultados en vivo de la noche de elecciones del Oficial del Registro Civil del Condado de Los Ángeles
The City of Monterey Park will conduct its General and Special Municipal Elections on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. The General and Special Election is consolidated with the Statewide general election conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder’s office.
Registered voters will cast ballots in their respective district for a City Council position in Council District Nos. 1 and 5, to serve a four-year term ending in November 2026; and a City Council position in Council District No. 3 to serve a two-year term ending in November 2024; a City Clerk and a City Treasurer to serve a four-year term ending in November 2026; and any proposed ballot measures.
2022 Ballot Measure
Measure MP – General Tax Proposition (at-large)
An ordinance maintaining Monterey Park’s long term financial stability and locally controlled services such as 9-1-1 emergency/safety response; conducting neighborhood/park police patrols; helping prevent thefts/property crimes; protecting local drinking water; preparing for drought; retaining/attracting local businesses/jobs; repairing streets/potholes; addressing homelessness; and allowing other government use by establishing a ¾¢ transactions and use (sales) tax until ended by voters, generating approximately $6,000,000 annually, with audits/public spending disclosure.
For more information about the Measure, please see click here https://youtu.be/6LesV5hrxdw.
To find your District, click here.
- July 18, 2022 through August 12, 2022 – Nomination Period
- July 25, 2022, 6:00 p.m., City Hall Council Chambers – Candidates Workshop
- September 29, 2022 – Mailing of sample ballot booklets
- October 10, 2022 – Mailing of vote by mail ballot
- October 24, 2022 – Last day to register to vote. Visit lavote.gov to register or pick up a voter registration form at the City Clerk’s office.
- October 29, 2022 – Vote centers open for early voting.
- November 8, 2022 – Election Day. Vote centers open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For additional information, please click on the links below:
- Notice of Election for Public Office (PDF)
- Candidates Filing Status (PDF) updated: 9/13/22
- Notice of Nominees for Public Office (PDF)
- Notice of Ballot Measure (PDF)
- Measure MP – General Sales Tax Proposition (PDF)
- City Attorney’s Impartial Analysis for Measure MP (PDF)
- For more information, click here https://youtu.be/6LesV5hrxdw.
- Sample Ballot Booklets
- Visit https://locator.lavote.gov/locations/ for a list of Vote Centers
- Vote-By-Mail ballot drop-box locations:
- City Hall – 320 W. Newmark Ave
- Sierra Vista Park – 311 N. Rural Dr.
- Visit the Find My Election Information page at www.lavote.gov/apps/precinctsmaps for election information specific to you.
- For election materials in your preferred languages, visit Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder’s office Sample Ballot Booklet Lookup page.
To request additional information or election materials in different languages, contact the Monterey Park City Clerk’s office at (626) 307-1359. For voter information guide, voting locations, voter registration or additional election information, contact the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder’s office at (800) 815-2666.
Prior Elections Information
- November 3, 2020 Special Election
- March 3, 2020 General Municipal Election
- March 7, 2017 General Municipal Election